as expected, a number of small issues have been reported by the community since yesterday's build. A hotfix build is out, it brings full utf-8 support so now non-latin text can also be displayed, but the font is limited to the font that the GW2 client can display in the chat box.
You can download the new build here.
- Fixed some minor localization related issues (tokens not converted to text, some text missing its first letters, typos in the English translation)
- Fixed an issue with utf-8 text rendering that would render glyphs with an ID over 32768 render incorrectly
- Added the complete font set from the client to the UI skin. This will increase startup and shutdown time a bit, but allows for translations into non-latin languages. Not all glyphs are supported, but if it works in the in-game chat box, it will work with TacO. I've been told that the simplified chinese glyph set is incomplete (it's incomplete in GW2 too), use traditional chinese instead. (Note: this only affects the default font for the TacO menu used to display most things. The debug line, update text and large locational timer fonts don't have non-latin characters.)
- Added an outline to the debug text and the new build available text
- Updated the new build text to show how many new builds are available
- Files with the .taco extension are now loaded by the overlay on startup to help with the "should I unpack the .zip" confusion
- Individual events on the map timer can now refer to the Hero's choice API events as well through the WorldBossAPIID property
- Settings data will now also be saved 10 seconds after the last change in the settings instead of only on exit
- Fixed a stack corruption error
- Fixed a possible crash that could occur in rare occasions when multi-clienting. A reminder: multi-clienting is not supported by TacO because the GW2 client and the Mumble API doesn't support it either.
- Added an on-screen warning if multiple GW2 clients are detected
This update brings some changes to the localization strings, non-English translations must be updated by their maintainers.