First of all thank you for the number of donations and kind messages I received after the last update, it's nice to see that TacO has such a cool following :)
It's also been brought to my attention that I missed an interesting API endpoint that allows you to see which world bosses you've already slain today. There also happens to be such an endpoint for the daily hero's choice chests for the expansion maps (not available for living world maps yet it seems, sorry). So I present to you a map timer update: the world boss kill and daily meta chest tracker! Also it turns out that the next major community event is a Boss Rush event, so the timing is pretty good too :)
|Finished daily hero's choice chests and bosses will have a yellow highlight|
The built-in map timer descriptor has also been updated to include the PoF and Living World Season 4 maps.
Also good news for those who have been experiencing instant crashes on startup: the culprit has finally been identified, turns out it had to do with non-latin text input. There may be some lingering issues that pop up later, but if you're using Japanese/Chinese/Korean text input on windows, this should at least allow you to run TacO now.
Something else also happened, people started hacking the TacO executable itself to try to add localization support. This is not something that I feel good about since it probably won't ever result in a fully translated overlay but on the other hand if not done right, it'll introduce instability into the program. I pride myself on the stability and robustness of my work, so yeah... This made me bite the bullet and thus I give you the long awaited Localization Support. TacO now comes with a language file, and most of the visible text (aside of marker editing functionality and copyright info) in the overlay comes from this file. The file supplied with the TacO package is called TacO_Language_en.xml, however the overlay will try to load all TacO_Language_*.xml files on startup and let the user select between their contents in the overlay settings submenu. The intent is that content creators can go ahead and translate the language file and distribute their own TacO_Language_fr.xml or TacO_Language_de.xml or similar without having to edit or overwrite the English original. Changing languages in the overlay has a small limitation, WvW location names will only update after the overlay has been restarted. Text that hasn't been translated in a specific language file will show up as a token name between [brackets] and the log file will contain any missing tokens that need to be translated, to help with such efforts. Non-latin text is not supported as the TacO fonts are missing these characters, and utf-8 support in the ui engine is still a bit dodgy.
|Language selector and the new submenu for overlay settings|
- Map timer config context menu doesn't close now when toggling a map
- Updated map timer info for PoF and later maps
- Map timer can now track your daily boss kills for those bosses that have an API endpoint (world bosses and hardcore world bosses, requires API key)
- Map timer can now track your daily map metas that have an API endpoint (Maps that have a hero's choice chest, requires API key)
- TacO should no longer crash on startup when non-latin input methods are used (Disabling the IME altogether for TacO seems to have fixed it)
- Marker distance text now has a slight outline for better visibility
- Marker distance text is now faded out with the marker to remove clutter
- Even faster start-up and significant memory use improvements by on-demand loading of POI graphics.
- Hidden windows should no longer hold up clicks to GW2. Hopefully. I couldn't reproduce the original issue to test it.
- Range circle toggles will now keep the menu open like the marker filters
- Added "IsSeparator" attribute to marker category descriptions. If it's value is 1, the category will act as a separator in the marker category filter and won't have an [x] toggle
- Moved [x] toggles to the beginning of the line in the marker category filter menu
- Highlighted some toggled features of the menu system
- Rearranged the TacO menu to hide overlay-related settings and make things a bit cleaner
- Added localization support. The default TacO install will only come with an English language pack though, it's up to you guys to create (and update) other translations.