This build contains two feature requests I had from reddit.
The first one is a system that puts short lines on the screen where the HP bar should be. (As it's against the EULA to read stuff from the screen I avoid doing that to get information for the HP of enemies, but marking predefined locations is perfectly fine) This system only shows up at certain locations (raid boss arenas are configured for now), and each location can have different markings. I have configured HP notches for
- Vale Guardian (33%, 66%)
- Gorseval (33%, 66%)
- Sabetha (15% - for the adds that she spawns, 25%, 50%, 75%)
- Slothasor (10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%)
- Matthias (40%, 60%, 80%)
The second feature request was a countdown timer for the speed boost mushrooms. This is a handy feature for the Vale Guardian fight.
Grab the new build here!
Grab the new build here!
- Added location dependent notches that fit over the enemy HP bar. They only show up at certain locations and can be configured through the hpgrids.xml file.
- Added HP grids for Vale Guardian, Gorseval, Sabetha, Slothasor and Matthias
- Added option for auto triggering timed markers
- Added mushroom countdown markers for Vale Guardian arena
I just went in solo, to see what it would look like\ReplyDelete
My screen resolution is 1680x1050
and here's a screen shot on the blue guardian(maybe vg hp bar is lower? I'll see tomorrow on our run)
Please send a full screenshot, or at least a shot of the complete top part of the screen so I can see exactly where the placement went wrong. I need to see the left, right and top sides of the screen for that.Delete
there you go
Click on the TacO icon, go into interface size and select the appropriate size.Delete
That fixed itDelete
the mushroom timers don't seem to workReplyDelete
Only the mushrooms in the Vale Guardian arena are marked as of now, so only those will have the countdown.Delete
well that's the one i'm trying to interact withDelete
Lol that'd be my bad, forgot to move the markers into the spirit vale file :) Will fix with the next build tonight, a number of issues has come up anyways.Delete
when I click on a on a certain part of my screen it opens up a drop down menu for tactical markersReplyDelete
Go into window edit mode and close the window that's there.Delete
I tried using taco but it doesn't work for me. I have win7 / gw2 64b / nvidia 660 GTX.
When I launch Taco, I have a black screen with icons on it : http://www.kirikoo.net/images/14Anonyme-20160328-180651.png
My installation directory of GW2 is : E:\Windows\GW2
here is the log file :
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Info) [GW2TacO] build ID: GW2 TacO 017.603r
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Info) [core] DirectX11 Device initialization successful.
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Info) [gui] Successfully loaded Skin 'UI.wbs'
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Err) [XML] Failed to load document. Error code 1
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Err) [XML] Load Failed at line 0 column 0 (Le système ne trouve pas l'objet spécifié.)
[2016-03-28 18:13:21] (Dbg) Taco integrity: 2000, GW2 integrity: 2000
it says that it didn't find a file but didn't tell me which one. Can you help me with this issue ?
Any plans to put in things for Super Adventure Box? Eg: Hidden rooms, and Baubles?ReplyDelete
I'm not sure how much time I'll have for that, the thought crossed my mind, but if you mark them and send the data over I'll gladly put up a new build.Delete
Can you please rename the alert Poison in Matthias to Corruption. It's confusing and the incorrect name for the mechanic.ReplyDelete
Go into the locationaltimer.xml and you can rename it yourself :)Delete
Thanks, I took your advice and did that.Delete
Hey BoyC, it's been awhile. I'm thinking of mapping all the dig locations in Super Adventure Box. Would you be interested in pushing out an updated pack with this in it?ReplyDelete
That'd be pretty great! I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on SAB content, so if you map stuff out I'll put it in a build :)Delete
Hey there BoyC,Delete
Here's the link to the Super Adventure Box dig locations XML I've been working on: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i52i7dpyamiabyk/superadventurebox_diglocations.xml?dl=0
This has all the locations that are listed on dulfy as well as a few I found myself over the past few days. I would encourage anyone else who enjoys SAB to post any extra locations they find here since they're a nice additional source of baubles. Side note too, I added some category data for festivals>SAB>SAB_DigLocations, I did notice for past festivals you have been removing them from the pack and thought it might be nice to just keep them in in the future and with updates just disable them but keep them in in the pack. The reason being is just incase development ever stops in the future people will still have access to these for yearly festivals like wintersday (and apparently SAB now too).
I also had a few questions and since I noticed you were taking feature requests I thought I'd throw in one of those in too.
1. When making marker packs I've noticed that in order to get them to work properly you need to have each marker assigned a type corresponding to the category data you want. It's a little tedious to copy and paste type="chestspecific.Silverwastes" etc.. for every single one. Is there a way to just assign a type for every POI in the xml file?
2. I'd like to re-release some Dry Top/Silverwastes packs as I've added a lot to them. But I also noticed that for some of the silverwastes chests I've double marked a few. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this, when hovering over the chest icon and pressing the minus sign to remove one it will be gone temporarily but when I reload TACO it will be back. Is there any easy way to fix this?
3. Sometimes I've been marking locations and end up having a ton of random maps in my poidata.xml which I can't remember what they are. Is there any resource out there that tells you exactly what mapID is which?
I thought of the idea while doing guild bounty missions, you know how there are specific pathes that guild bounties follow? I was wondering if there would be a way you could program in a path on screen - whether by a line or directional indicator telling you you're going the right way. Not entirely sure how feasible that is, but you've been making some awesome updates so I thought I'd see what you think.
Anyways, like I said, love the updates and hope you keep them coming. I'll try and keep working on some SAB packs for achievements and that sort of thing and send them to you as I finish them.
I'll put together a SAB pack tomorrow, some guys from the Oopsie guild are making paths for tribulation mode.
As to your questions:
1. Not as of yet, if I need to do that I use a text editor. However you can set the default placed marker in the marker editor window (shows up if you have it open and you're standing on a marker), that helps with the kind of stuff you're doing.
2. You can overwrite your poidata.xml with one from the POIs folder, and then you can edit it. Just make sure that you remove it from the POIs folder as well because that one is loaded first.
3. The official MAP API will help there, just replace "15" in the url here with your map id: https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/maps/15
As for the path tracking thing, that has come up a lot lately, but for now I don't see a way how it wouldn't turn into a mess. The terrain can't hide anything the overlay is drawing. I'll think about it.
Tomorrow we can see an update coming to show pathing in tribulation mode? That just got me excited!Delete
Oohh, I'm excited for that tribulation mode path too!
The Tribulation Mode pathing is now 100% complete. Just need to implement it and a new build will be up later today!Delete
Just a little update for people, I'm currently working on Bomb Locations. After that there will be locations for all Shops, Whistle walls (W2Z3) and if I get time (sometime tomorrow morning) I might mark out the 1 shot "hands" that fire at the player for tribulation mode.Delete
Sounds good, I'll try and get a dropbox link for you within the next couple of days.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
BoyC, is that SAB update coming out today?ReplyDelete
Yes, I just got home and see that I got the datafiles, I'll put it out in an hour or two.Delete
Awesome that's perfect. That means you will probably upload it by the time I get home. The wife will be happy!Delete