With the recent news that the End of Dragons isn't the end of the GW2 story (and also playing through the excellent expansion finally) I'm feeling the TacO development vibe again. Since I made the overlay open-source and I was away a bit, there have been various developments, and there were some people (mainly the Blish-Hud devs) who took some of my original ideas and ran with them. Various excellent additions have been implemented to the marker pack format, and I took a couple days to bring TacO closer to the current state of the marker platform.
The latest build adds support for clipboard handling, default marker category disabling and festival tracking. I also loved the idea to hide irrelevant marker categories to help with the clutter in the category context menu. This build also reaps the rewards of the Bugsplat crash tracking already with a bunch of rare crashes fixed. There have also been further performance optimizations around the TacO menu and the startup time.
|Map aware context menu decluttering
- TacO menu performance has been significantly boosted
- Marker category list now hides irrelevant categories (that don't contain markers for the current map or that are related to completed achievements/achievement bits)
- Hidden marker categories can be selected to still show the full category tree
- Added TacO menu setting to opt out of crash logging to Bugsplat
- Compatibility: Changed XML parser to be case insensitive
- Compatibility: TacO now supports the automatic clipboard copy functionality
- Added TacO menu setting to disable clipboard use
- Compatibility: TacO now supports default enabled/disabled settings for marker categories
- Added EoD map timers (thx Eclipsetech)
- Added Dragonstorm map timer (thx Taschenbuch)
- Fixed a crash that happened when there wasn't enough GPU memory to create a trail
- Fixed a crash that happened on exit due to the double deletion of a logging backend
- Fixed log file not always flushing containing data on exit
- Fixed a crash that happened on exit when the API was being queried during shutdown
- Compatibility: TacO now supports festival related markers and automatically hides them when the festival isn't active
- Fixed a minor crash on exit that happened when an empty marker file was to be saved
- (Hopefully) Fixed windows 8.1 issues that came up with the last builds
- Rearranged all of the TacO menu's toggle indicators to be on the left side
- Fixed some issues with the lost golden badge markers
- Optimized loading time a bit
This update brings some changes to the localization strings, non-English translations must be updated by their maintainers.