as expected, a number of small issues have been reported by the community since yesterday's build. A hotfix build is out, it brings full utf-8 support so now non-latin text can also be displayed, but the font is limited to the font that the GW2 client can display in the chat box.
You can download the new build here.
- Fixed some minor localization related issues (tokens not converted to text, some text missing its first letters, typos in the English translation)
- Fixed an issue with utf-8 text rendering that would render glyphs with an ID over 32768 render incorrectly
- Added the complete font set from the client to the UI skin. This will increase startup and shutdown time a bit, but allows for translations into non-latin languages. Not all glyphs are supported, but if it works in the in-game chat box, it will work with TacO. I've been told that the simplified chinese glyph set is incomplete (it's incomplete in GW2 too), use traditional chinese instead. (Note: this only affects the default font for the TacO menu used to display most things. The debug line, update text and large locational timer fonts don't have non-latin characters.)
- Added an outline to the debug text and the new build available text
- Updated the new build text to show how many new builds are available
- Files with the .taco extension are now loaded by the overlay on startup to help with the "should I unpack the .zip" confusion
- Individual events on the map timer can now refer to the Hero's choice API events as well through the WorldBossAPIID property
- Settings data will now also be saved 10 seconds after the last change in the settings instead of only on exit
- Fixed a stack corruption error
- Fixed a possible crash that could occur in rare occasions when multi-clienting. A reminder: multi-clienting is not supported by TacO because the GW2 client and the Mumble API doesn't support it either.
- Added an on-screen warning if multiple GW2 clients are detected
This update brings some changes to the localization strings, non-English translations must be updated by their maintainers.
Still having an issue in which the TacO icon is displayed on top of the PvP icon. Any ideas?ReplyDelete
Try the -forcedpiaware command line optionDelete
why multiboxing is not supported anymore?ReplyDelete
i want to delete my comment because i am stupid and apparently i can't read. But i don't know how xDDelete
i was using Taco only when multi-clienting so this build is not for me.ReplyDelete
TacO has never supported multiboxing. The mumble link API used by the GW2 client is not capable of handling multiboxing, and I wasted a perfectly good sunday yesterday debugging a multiboxing related bug, hence the warning.Delete
i will just use older version when multi-clienting. Thank you for your hard work and keep it up.Delete
You don't seem to understand, multiclienting might actually crash TacO (which is what I spent the whole last day debugging). But you're right, I could move the warning to the tactical overlay part only and disable mumble related features for multi-clienting users.Delete
If you really want to use taco while multiclienting, use the current version, and if the warning is distracting you, replace the warning text in the language file with a blank string. But if any weird issues or crashes happen, as the warning says: it's not supported until the GW2 client and mumble supports it, and won't be debugged.
Oh, sorry when i started new build first time it just display warining text and nothing else like it didn't worked so i assumed that it doesn't support it anymore and just don't work when multi-clienting but now its working great i don't know what was that but after restarting my computer it started working. I'm sorry for confusing you, have a nice day.Delete
If it's working it's sheer luck.Delete
Is there a way to save the Settings from the older Version ?ReplyDelete
Just overwrite the old version with the new one.Delete
Cool Thanks for the fast answer :)Delete
Is there any way to close multiple timers at the same time? Something like tactical markers have. I want to fast open and close timers for amaglamates. Maybe some option to automaticly close that timers where i already done events, that would be great.ReplyDelete
no complaints here, just a big big thank you for being awesome enuf to keep this up :)ReplyDelete
There is an issue with TacO whereby right clicking and holding to pan the camera doesn't work if the initial click started in the centre of the screen. Only happens when TacO is open.ReplyDelete
Did that happen with 37r?Delete
I was sure i fixed that. Go to window edit mode and close the window you have hovering in the middle of the screen.
Hello, after I translate the menu into Chinese, the characters overlapReplyDelete
We're playing echo, I guess.Delete
There are already 2 separate chinese translations, none of which had this issue, please coordinate with them.
I found the problem, only support traditional Chinese, not simplified ChineseDelete
As I said on the other thread and the patch notes as well...Delete
Only text that can be entered into the gw2 chat box is supported. All the glyphs that are in the gw2 client are in TacO now, unless the chinese client has more fonts. However the chinese client uses a different data file format and I don't have an extractor for it to get that data, and I won't reverse engineer another data file format. If the chinese client's message box supports more fonts and you can get the rle compressed bitmap font data from the chinese client's datafile, we can talk about adding those glyphs as well. Until you can supply me with this data, this is as good as it's going to get.
Ok, thank you very much. I'll just use the traditional versionDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
hi my king,i do everything u said and no icon show up in my game.(WIN 7*64,double display)i think the problem will be my double display.ReplyDelete
Hey there. I'm getting the black screen thing. I can see some of the UI components, and I can hear my character moving and jumping, but black screen.ReplyDelete
I'm Windows 10. Tried both Windowed and Windowed-Full. I also found that in Windowed-Full when I spam click the taskbar icon I can get the game to appear for a split second before disappearing.
I took a look at the FAQ and unfortunately couldn't find any more info. I'd really like to try your program out! Any idea how I can get it to work? Thanks.
Oh ya it might help to know I'm on a multi-monitor setup. Different refresh rates and resolutions. My main is 2560x1080 @ 75hz, my peripheral is 1920x1080 @ 60hz. I'm not sure if this could have anything to do with it.Delete
I also went into Nvidia control panel and turned off all post-processing effects I could find.
You can see some of the UI components? Which ones? That's a first.Delete
I can see the timer thing and I can fully access the menu. I can close it out through the menu and the game becomes visible again.Delete
hi ty for the add on but the new ver.043.2596r no works for me send me the next messageReplyDelete
only the ver.042.2533r works fine
Redownload the new build and try the fixed version.Delete