it's been a while. Work and real life stuff etc mean that I don't have as much energy to focus on TacO as before. But Tekkit and people like him keep the overlay filled with fresh content even so :)
At any rate, a couple days ago I added a minor update to help me with some collections - but I had to realize that it's not too practical without the 2D maps on Dulfy (due to her absence of late) to give some general idea of how far the markers are. So I added an optional feature to display the distance of all markers.
|The distance numbers are small, but can make a big difference.
And while I was at it I poked around a bit in the TacO code to streamline some other stuff that's been bugging me for a while. Some of it is optimization, but the most interesting part might be that TacO is now throttled to the framerate of GW2 by default in order not to overtax the system. This can be disabled in the config file.
So without further ado, here's the change log, and of course you can get the latest version from HERE.
- Added option to toggle marker distance display
- Added framerate throttling so that TacO rendering is keeping pace with GW2. TacO will still maintain a minimum 5fps framerate. This setting can be disabled by editing TacOConfig.xml's "FrameThrottling" option. It's on by default.
- The contents of TacOConfig are now alphabetically sorted to make it easier to find stuff in there
- Optimized the loading of marker packs, TacO should start up noticeably faster now when loading large zipped marker packs, like Tekkit's stuff
- Fixed some on-exit resource leaks