the last build introduced a new way of rendering TacO in windows, which should be more performant... However this meant the use of an API that's unavailable on Windows 7. This new build fixes this issue by adding a fallback to the old method. Please guys if possible update to an actually supported OS, it's for your own security as well :D
Also added a bunch of new features that were on the top of the todo that will add quality of life changes and new possibilities to marker pack creators, most importantly: markers can now have info text assigned to them, so many of the large markers with text layers can be replaced. This will ease the load on the dynamic texture atlas and help fix performance (and huge log size) issues.
In order to add an info text to a marker the info xml tag must be used. The range in which the text will be visible can be set with the infoRange xml tag. If several markers are showing text in the same area, the texts will be displayed below each other.
As always, the latest build can be downloaded from here.
- Added fallback for Windows 7 - Please consider updating from a not supported OS, guys...
- Reorganized the menu a bit to be more compact (added a submenu for tactical overlay settings)
- Added a "Support GW2 TacO development" menu item
- Increased the size of the dynamic texture atlas to 2048x2048, this will help with performance issues up to a point
- Updated the update checker mechanism as it was no longer functioning correctly
- Added the ability to add info text to markers, the text shows up below the enemy health bar
- Added a toggle to turn marker info text on/off
- Added global marker opacity settings (three levels: solid, transparent, faded) for in-game and map markers
- Added a menu item to reload all markers and categories without restarting TacO
- Added a menu item to remove all markers from the current map instance that were placed by the player
- Range circles will no longer show up on the world map view
This update brings some changes to the localization strings, non-English translations must be updated by their maintainers.